• The party assists the town for the next two weeks cutting down surrounding trees and contrust a fence around the town.
• Duri decides to travel to Zuria with Axund Bogison in search of his son.
• Odand – the tiefling rogue – asks to join the party after overhearing them talking about tracking down the bandits that fled to meet this ogre vampire threat headon. afterall, he used to be a bandit himself and knows how they think.
• The bandit camp, known and blackskull, was north of the dwarven structure. Odand sniffed out multiple traps and ultimately found the entrance. The hideout is literally a giant blackened skull sitting atop the ground with ruins strewn all about.
• once inside the heros were presented with a gruesome scene, dead bandits laying about all with missing hands. the bodies were lying – like a trail – to the back of the cave.
slowly treading through the cave the party was ambushed by numberous severed hands – all moving on their own accord. The hands were jumping, scratching, gripping, and clawing but Ezekiel made quick work of them with a radiant bomb.
• just after three bandit vampire spawns assaulted the group but they too ultimately were defeated with expert tactics and sunlight (Rham’s positioning tactics and Ezekiel blowing a hole in the top of the hideout). However, one vampire spawn fled deeper into the cavern – into a secret trap door leading underground. While the party was searching for the bandit vampire spawn – wyny appeared from no where and urged the party to leave this alone. They are out of their league and assured them he will take care of everything. Wyny dissapeared in a gout of flame just as fast as he appeared.
• The party didn’t feel much like trusting Wyny and didn’t want to leave this bandit issue where it lies and decided to persue the vampire spawnling once they found where he had escaped.
Down below the ground, the party was exposed to a sensation very alien to them. Everything was different than the world above. magical tingling and odd creatures scurried about. the adventurers pressed on defensively until they came upon a great stone carving of a sphynx half burried with other stone statues. as the party approached to investigate the scene they heard a voice in their minds; A riddle. One by one each member answered and one by one each hero’s life force drifted away. The world went black.